|Posted on January 13, 2020 at 3:15 PM|
What great opportunities await us for this New Year.....and if we will walk in a higher degree of wisdom this year than we did last year, the results will be greater and better. Last Sunday Pastor Ray shared with us some advice the Lord had put on his heart for us to follow this year. Here is a brief summary of what he shared:
1. Perfection is not your #1 goal. Perfectionism robs us of seeing the good in others. Is 70% of everything about the person you are thinking about good? Then don’t focus on the 30% that needs to change. Be led by the Lord and not by the imperfections of others and don’t emphasize the negative. Those who focus on imperfections miss good blessings that they could receive!
2. Be healed of sickness of the soul (Hebrews 12:12-13, Luke 4:18-19). Don’t eat the fruit of guilt, shame, inferiority that the devil tempts you to eat. Sickness of the soul can lead to sickness of the body. The devil wants to mess up what God wants to do and he wants to push Christians down in life, but Jesus has come to lift us up.
3. Don’t go outside spiritually naked, but always keep the spiritual armor of God on (Revelation 3:17-18, 16:15, Ephesians 6:10-18)
4. Pay attention to the spiritual clock. Jesus could come in just a few short years.
5. Forget the former things - the bad memories, for God is doing a new thing this year (Isaiah 43:18). If you are in Christ, God is giving you a clean slate and you can do new things this year. Do not call to mind the former things. Forget what happened a long time ago. Lot’s wife remembered the former things and it proved fatal for her. Isaiah 43:18 is really a now word for this year!
6. Emphasize intimacy with God over busyness.
Don’t be overwhelmed, but be an overcomer.